Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Okay, Part 1 of tour :)

Hi everyone!

So, I am so happy to finally be giving you some insider action about what went on during the “Little Steps” Tour!

I’m going to take you through the volunteer events and show you what it was like :)

Before we do that, I wanted to write a bit about WhyHunger, the charity that I was blessed to work with throughout the week. WhyHunger is a leading advocate for innovative, community-based solutions to hunger and poverty. WhyHunger challenges society to confront these problems by advancing models that create self-reliance, economic justice, and equal access to nutritious and affordable food.

So, my task throughout the week was to visit some of the local charities that fuel WhyHunger’s mission. Let me tell you, it was one of the greatest experiences. I was so blown away by the people that day in, day out, dedicate hours upon hours of work to HELPING others. All of the people at WhyHunger unselfishly give their time to lifting the smaller, local organizations up for everyone to be seen. It’s truly amazing what these people do.


Me with Hillary Zuckerberg, Director of Artists

Against Hunger & Poverty

With that said, I created a little video that I will post that stars the lovely Brooke Smith (Director of Grassroots Action Network), and Hillary Zuckerberg (Director of Artists Against Hunger & Poverty - the person I worked closest with). It gives them a little chance to explain to you (through their own words) what each of them do for WhyHunger.




No comments:

Post a Comment